£24.00 - £29.28 per hour
9 months ago
1 Month +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solicitor to join our client's offices based in Derbyshire on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £24.00 p/h PAYE.
As the Solicitor, your main duties will include:
- To provide legal advice and assistance to the Trading Standards Division of the Health and Communities Department in respect to trading standards and consumer protection matters.
- To prepare and present criminal and civil cases in the Magistrates' and High Courts as necessary.
- To assist the Trading Standards Division in understanding and keeping up to date with consumer protection legislation, other relevant legislation (including surveillance legislation and criminal and civil enforcement procedures) by holding advisory and training sessions.
- To assist the Trading Standards Division in effectively presenting cases in the SJP procedure.
- To appoint and brief Counsel as required.
- To attend meetings at member and officer level to provide legal and procedural advice.
- To comply with time recording systems and such work records as necessary to assist the Section in maintaining appropriate statistics and management information.
To be successful for this Solicitor post you will need to have:
- Experience in conducting cases involving criminal litigation.
- Advocacy experience.
- Experience of conducting trading standards prosecutions or other regulatory work
- Wider experience of local government work such as working for a local authority as a solicitor.
- Must be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.