£26.00 - £27.30 per hour
13 days ago
Our client is seeking a Solicitor on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £26.00
- To undertake a range of legal work in connection with the work of the team and to provide general legal advice to all client departments of Oxfordshire County Council.
- To assist Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient Legal Service to the County Council.
- To assist County Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the County Council in compliance with the LEXCEL Office Procedures Manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society's Practice Management Standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake a range of legal work in connection with the team.
- To provide advice on:
- General contractual issues (such as early termination, interpretation of clauses)
- Particular focus on Construction law related matters
- Specific Council issues (such as the application of the Council's Contract Procedure Rules)
- Third party contract documentation
- EU procurement law and State Aid
- Tendering process and documentation (both pre-process and process problem-solving)
- Local authority agencies and partnering arrangements including interface with other agencies (e.g. Health Authorities)
- General matters allied to contracting e.g. powers
- The implications of recent legislation and case law
- Represent Legal Services at appropriate committees and meetings in the above areas.
- To handle a personal caseload of legal work to a high standard of professional practice
- To give advice, support and legal representation on behalf of all Directorates of the Council and to ensure that this is done in full compliance with the policies, procedures and decisions of the Council and in accordance with legal requirements.
- To provide level legal advice and guidance to team members, other Officers, Directors and Members
- Brief Counsel when necessary.
- Represent the Council in legal proceedings at court when needed.
- Comply with the Lexcel Office Procedure Manual, including diary management, time-recording, and case management.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of specialist legal area as set out in the JD
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- IT literate
- Experience of legal practice
- Provision of quality advice and knowledge
- Clear knowledge of Law Society Professional requirements
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Positive approach to change
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases