£16.00 - £17.00 per annum
3 months ago
Our client has a requirement for a Social Worker with a solid experience in Learning Disability. This is a 3 month (renewable) contract
Depending on the specific location of the role and the service group, the duties may include any of the following:-
1. Carry a caseload with a high level of direction and supervision by and access to the manager who will agree the means by which care management is to be undertaken is to be undertaken and approve decisions, plans and written reports.
2. Participate in team duty and referral taking systems as directed.
3. Undertake assessment of service users needs in accordance with directorate policies and procedures. Assessments will be carried out in conjunction with service users, families, carers and other professionals. Assessments will involve the evaluation of all aspects of an individual's situation, including an assessment of jeopardy and risk.
4. Devise, implement and review care plans to meet service user need/statutory responsibilities as agreed by the Team Manager or Assistant Team Manager.
5. Apply specific methods of intervention as appropriate to the service group 1
6. Provide reports as required.
7. Contribute to the effective functioning of the team.
8. Maintain essential records, input and maintain records on the core computer system as required and to undertake IT training as necessary.
9. Make available any records for statistical purposes or inspection.
10. Liaise effectively with colleagues in other statutory, voluntary and independent sector agencies, as required.
11. Work collaboratively with colleagues in other settings of the Directorate, as required to meet the needs of service users and carers.
12. Attend team meetings and other meetings relevant to the work of the service group, as required by the Team Manager.
13. Undertake training as required including ongoing post qualification professional development.
14. Contribute to the provision of a response to civil emergencies as required.
15. Function within financial and budgetary guidelines in order to purchase packages of care to meet the needs specified in care plans.
16. Prepare reports for court and attend to give evidence in legal proceedings as required.
17. Undertake specific projects in relation to service development as agreed with the Team Manager.
18. Where the post is based within the Children's Services Directorate, responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
19. Any other lesser or comparable duties as required relating to the particular specialised function of the team or teams
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience please submit your CV ASAP
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases