£17.74 - £18.62 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Smoking Cessation Officer on an initial 4 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £17.74
- 1. Quality assurance of the stop smoking service by conducting regular service audits, client satisfaction surveys and lost to follow up calls.
- 2. Management of stop smoking service referral system and clinics log.
- 3. Provision of stop smoking support (telephone and one to one) to clients on ad-hoc basis.
- 4. Monthly processing of invoices for Stop Smoking Service, checking these against local service provision and medications guidelines.
- 5. Managing Stop Smoking database to ensure that suspected irregularities are escalated and managed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for quality assurance of the stop smoking service. This will involve regular service audits, client satisfaction surveys and lost to follow up calls. Generate reports and use the data provided to suggest service improvements. Good data management skills are required.
- Act as the first point of contact for all referrals coming into the service through telephone, emails or post. This involves managing the referral and clinics log and booking of clients onto clinics.
- Motivating and encouraging clients to ensure higher conversion rate from referrals to registrations.
- Provide smoking cessation support to clients that are ready to give up smoking. The post holder will provide support to clients in the community and maternity settings.
- Monthly processing of invoices for Stop Smoking and NHS Health Checks Programme, checking these against local service provision and medications guidelines, liaising with Finance and Business Support where necessary to achieve this. Answer queries specific to invoices and communicate to the providers and the manager. Ensure that payment information is kept up to date and that providers are made aware of any changes to the payment system
- Managing Stop Smoking database. Escalate and manage any suspected irregularities.
- Assist with delivering other public functions including commissioning , advice and project development
- Identify areas of low uptake/under performance or where there are problems so that appropriate remedial action can be taken quickly and effectively
- Monitor key performance indicators that monitor progress, give early warning of failure to achieve trajectories and demonstrate satisfactory improvement in Stop Smoking Service uptake
- To maintain an adequate level of knowledge, expertise and professional development in the fields of work covered by the post. To positively participate in personal development planning, and undertake training or development where necessary or required to pass on new knowledge and information effectively to colleagues and service users.
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts; and to work with management to comply with Service/Unit procedures and protocols and with Brent Council's Health and Safety Policy and all guidance, instructions and risk assessments. In particular the jobholder is required to attend training relevant to their post in order to ensure their health and safety responsibilities are met.
- To understand the value of information to the council and to contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it. Abide by the council's information governance policies.
- To be constructive member of a team, co-operating with other team members on projects and sharing ideas and information.
- To ensure that the service is held in high esteem and to promote and support the Council's image, policies and objectives.
- The post holder must at all times carry out her/his duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Data Protection, Best Value Policies and incorporating the Council's Core Competencies.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of providing stop smoking support to clients who are ready to stop smoking.
- Experience of providing behavioural change support to clients.
- Experience of processing and checking invoices against guidelines
- Experience data and reporting and managing suspected irregularities
- Experience of carrying out customer satisfaction surveys using a variety of media
- Experience of diary/appointment management.
- Ability to analyse complex information and make appropriate judgements. Attention to detail is essential.
- Able to use Excel to intermediate standard
- Ability to develop marketing information packs, using a variety of media
- Ability to carry out a stock-take of items used in the service.
- Excellent customer care practice.
- Able to undertake occasional visits to community pharmacists and GPs for this purpose.
- Able to maintain and develop quality-monitoring systems for the Stop Smoking service.
- Able to manage own workload, and deal with conflicting priorities
- Good communication and people's skills are essential.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases