£12.37 - £12.99 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Skilled Operative - Streets & Open Spaces to join our clients offices based in Cambridge on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Skilled Operative - Streets & Open Spaces, your main duties will include:
- Plan and deliver small public realm scale civils works to an approved standard, specification and method of work.
- Undertake health and safety inspection, including play area technical inspections, and record defects and recommended actions.
- Provide technical small scale civil engineering advice to other Council officers, including standards of installation of play equipment and street furniture.
- Respond to urgent works including damage and vandalism of play equipment and street furniture, in order to maintain public safety.
- Use appropriate safety barriers and signs when working, in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 8 of the traffic signs manual and other relevant guidelines.
- Support other Council officers with technical aspects of events such as the Folk Festival, Big Day Out, Strawberry Fair and Midsummer Fair and Fireworks.
- Undertake works in accordance with agreed risk assessments, safe working practices, delivery schedules, timetables, budgets and specifications.
- Manage the refurbishment programme of existing play areas and to ensure that all new equipment and safer surfacing complies with European safety guidelines
To be successful for this Skilled Operative - Streets & Open Spaces post you will need to have:
- Ability to interpret instructions clearly and to complete all appropriate paperwork associated with the role
- Technical Inspections of Play Areas
- Ability to carry out heavy manual tasks involving lifting and handling materials & equipment, loading and unloading vehicles.
- Ability to detect underground services, including the appropriate equipment and safe digging procedures
- To understand the applications of, and abide by, Health and Safety at Work Act, and apply safe methods of working to all activities
- B+E or C1 + E or C+E Licence
- NRSWA Street Works Units 1 to 9
- CITB Qualified to operate a small mechanical excavator
- City and Guilds welding
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.