£10.54 - £11.07 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Skilled Construction Site Operative & Craft-man on an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £10.54 P/H PAYE
To provide a direct operational service working as part of a wider team and if relevant provide support to colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check and ensure work is completed to the required standards with any suggestions made to improve service quality.
- Operate/use specialist equipment on a daily basis to a high standard ensuring that safety procedures are followed and reporting faults and breakdowns as part of routine checks of equipment.
- Work within the approved safe system of work, ensuring the safety of yourself, colleagues & others affected by your actions and report any issues of concern.
- Communicate with customers to give good, accurate advice and information.
- Ensure that documents and records are accurate, up to date and accessible.
- Where relevant collect and accurately record cash and other income.
Skills and Experience:
- You will hold a vocational qualification e.g. NVQ 2 or equivalent, or similar level of accreditation or equivalent experience.
- You will have experience of working in similar service area.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and specialist equipment.
- You will be able to assess situations and suggest solutions, giving information and advice.
- You will be able to work as part of a team contributing to effective service delivery.
- You will be able to maintain accurate records where required.
- You will be able to plan and organise your own work load.
- You will be able to effectively communicate with your team and where relevant customers.
- Able to demonstrate the Council's values and behaviours.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases