£8.00 - £8.4 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Operator to join our clients offices based in Bedford on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Site Operator, your main duties will include:
- Unloading and loading of vehicles with waste, as directed by the Yard manager or Site Chemists/Technical staff.
- Supervision of delivery drivers, ensuing they obey the site rules.
- The bulking and repacking of waste materials as directed by the Site Chemists.
- The checking of plant and performing site checks as per the maintenance schedule.
- The logging of waste movements within the site.
- General tidiness of the site operations (housekeeping) to be maintained
- To operate in accordance with current legislation, site licence, company procedures, site procedures and site rules.
To be successful for this Site Operator post you will need to have:
- Trained in the use of Fork lift truck (counter balance).
- Ideally possess a full driving license, held for a minimum of one year.
- Manual handling techniques and training.
- First Aid training (optional).Able to follow instructions.
- General awareness of the principles of good health and safety.
- Possess excellent communication skills and be a good team player with a flexible approach.
- Be physically fit.
- Enjoy working outside.
45 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.