£16.83 - £17.83 per hour
20 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our busy offices based in Stoke on Trent on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £16.83 p/h.
As the Site Manager, your main duties will include:
- To implement and comply with Unitas SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice on their designated sites and work areas.
- To be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the operational construction/project plan and ensure compliance with the project's accepted contractual terms and conditions and specifications.
- To support achieving the planned delivery budget on the project
- To manage, implement and ensure compliance with Unitas Stoke Ltd policies and procedures and legislative requirements for functional project governance. In
- particular, Unitas' policies, procedures and best practices relating to the implementation of the project(s) and the management of the site(s) health and safety, security, legislative requirements and financial target delivery.
- To support the development of, Unitas' policies, procedures and standards, reporting, risk management, finance, HR, SHE, quality and corporate governance
- To deliver works in accordance with Legislation, Unitas' policies, procedures and standards, statutory and local reporting, risk mitigation & management, financial regulations, HR policies and procedures, SHE standards, quality and corporate governance.
- Ensure that appropriate & adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to, Daily site opening and closure reports, Site Managers Report, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods received/returns, progress photographs, Site Inductions, and all relevant Health and Safety records
- Understand the project financial position at all times and contribute to forecasts and managing expenditure.
- Assist the management team in the formulation of contractual strategies relating to Projects, and then ensure that such strategies are implemented
- To work out and plan operational requirements for internal and external resources to ensure the delivery of the construction phase programme.
- To manage and maintain relationships with the supply chain to meet their contractual obligation to provide a resource to achieve their delivery programme. Retaining appropriate documentation to support any action that may arise.
- To lead, manage and motivate the site's operational staff and to establish its full contribution to the organisation
- To manage the assessment of the required capacity, capability and competency of staff and contractors to deliver the works safely and effectively.
- Support the procurement function in the selection of subcontractors and suppliers and provide performance feedback. Where necessary support the management team to negotiate the establishment and close-out of high value or complex subcontracts.
To be successful for this Site Manager post you will need to have:
- Relevant competency qualification i.e. NVQ level 3 or 4 or extensive experience managing CDM projects.
- Have a current CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme qualification.
- A management-level CSCS card
- Scaffold 3-day inspection and system scaffold awareness to enable the inspection of traditional and system scaffolding
- A Temporary works coordinator qualification
- Good general knowledge of Housing Maintenance and multi-disciplined project delivery
- Demonstrate knowledge, expertise and experience in managing social housing projects, refurbishment, Planned major & minor works ranging from £10k to £1.5m, repairs and maintenance, 5 years minimum experience in delivering projects of this nature are required.
- Good all-around knowledge of Construction Management, Planning & Programming techniques.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.