Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£16.83 - £17.67 per hour
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Site Manager on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To manage the on site operational resources (people, supply chain and physical assets) in order to implement the delivery plan for the assigned project safely, on time, to the required quality, whilst maintaining customer's satisfaction and delivery in accordance to the project budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To implement and comply with Unitas SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice on their designated sites and work areas.
- To be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the operational construction/project plan and ensure compliance with the project's accepted contractual terms and conditions and specifications.
- To support achieving the planned delivery budget on the project.
- To manage, implement and ensure compliance with Unitas Stoke Ltds policies and procedures and legislative requirements for functional project governance.
- In particular, eith the businesses policies, procedures and best practices relating to the implementation of the project(s) and the management of the site(s) health and safety, security, legislative requirements and financial target delivery.
- To support the development of, the businesses policies, procedures and standards, reporting, risk management, finance, HR, SHE, quality and corporate governance
- To deliver works in accordance with Legislation, policies, procedures and standards, statutory and local reporting, risk mitigation & management, financial regulations, HR policies and procedures, SHE standards, quality and corporate governance.
- Ensure that appropriate & adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to, Daily site opening and closure reports, Site Managers Report, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods received/returns, progress photographs, Site Inductions, and all relevant Health and Safety records
- Understand the project financial position at all times and contribute to forecasts and managing expenditure.
- Assist the management team in the formulation of contractual strategies relating to Projects, and then ensure that such strategies are implemented
- To work out and plan operational requirements for internal and external resources to ensure the delivery of the construction phase programme.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate knowledge, expertise and experience in managing social housing projects, refurbishment, Planned major & minor works ranging from £10k to £1.5m, repairs and maintenance, 5 years minimum experience in delivering projects of this nature are required.
- Good all round Knowledge of Construction Management,Planning & Programming techniques.
- Detailed, working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and C.D.M requirements relating to building construction and project delivery.
- Ability to lead by example, manage and motivate work teams and work in a demonstrably professional manner.
- Understanding of Budgets, valuations and costs to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Understanding of Contractual requirements and documentation required to manage in accordance with JCT and NEC type contracts.
- IT competence in Excel, word, Project, Power point Etc.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and willing to work outside normal working hours to maintain site safety and security.
- Willingness to use information, data technology and improve performance on the project.
- Responsible to maintain current and appropriate qualifications and undertake training and development when appropriate to maintain these qualifications.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years Written Referencing (All gap's verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Driving License.
- Basic DBS.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.