South East London, London
£12.70 - £13.33 per hour
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Sheltered Housing Officer on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £12.70 P/H PAYE
To deliver an efficient , responsive and sensitive enhanced housing management service for sheltered housing customers which continually improves the satisfaction with services for older and vulnerable residents and maximises the opportunity to co-ordinate and work with key partners and stakeholders. To ensure that the health and safety of sheltered housing tenants is monitored and maintained effectively and consistently and that all potential risks are minimised or removed accordingly. To work with sheltered housing tenants, colleagues and other relevant agencies to enable all tenants to live in a safe and secure environment, across all sheltered housing schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide contact, advice and guidance to customers within the framework of the tenancy agreement and the relevant sheltered housing procedures. This includes assisting in the preparation of tenacy agreements, and information packs.
- To assist the Senior Sheltered Housing Officer in the enforcement of tenancy conditions within a sheltered housing scheme in accordance with council procedures and to ensure the resolution of anti social behaviour in the scheme.
- To monitor and inspect the sheltered housing scheme to ensure the scheme is maintained in good condition, including communal areas, and to ensure residents' needs are taken into account for planned maintenance.
- To report and monitor completion of household and communal repairs and to ensure they are delivered to a high standard for residents and deploy a handy person to provide a more accessible and tailored service
- To minimise loss of revenue from vacant homes in the sheltered scheme through participation in effective marketing, prompt viewings, monitoring the quality of voids and recommending actions to minimise hard to let homes.
- To ensure the effective resettlement of new customers into the scheme, providing information about scheme facilities, tenancy related matters and local services to maximise customer satisfaction. Provide a comprehensive tenancy sign up service within the sheltered scheme.
- To work closely with the SMART telecare service to ensure that up to date relevant information is shared appropriately and that SMART are regularly kept informed of changes in tenant's circumstances and any other issues that may impact upon the provision of an emergency response. Ensure that all new and existing tenants are familiar with sheltered housing telecare systems i.e. door entry systems, CCTV, alarm cords, pendants, key safes etc and that they are aware of emergency procedures.
- To ensure that broken, lost or damaged equipment is reported immediately and repairs or replacements are issued, as soon as practically possible.
- Minimise revenue loss from rent arrears through effective monitoring, adherence to council procedures, reaching payment agreements, liaison with internal and external agencies / departments and maximise resident's access to financial assistance by promoting and facilitating a wide range of financial inclusion activities such as Credit Union, on site surgeries, welfare benefits advice.
- To maintain tenancy files for residents including recording all interviews with tenants.
- To recommend actions to Senior Sheltered Housing Officer in respect of Notices of Seeking Possession, Court Action and other legal remedies for residents in the scheme.
- To seek agreements with tenants prior to County Court action under supervision of Senior Sheltered Housing Officer.
- To assist the senior sheltered housing officer in preparation of reports as required, collating information and statistics for the scheme.
- To hold regular meetings with residents to discuss issues relevant to the scheme and to encourage resident involvement in future plans.
- To conduct annual tenancy checks in the scheme.
- To monitor residents to establish that sheltered housing remains suitable to their needs. Work with tenants/ representatives and relevant agencies to ensure that suitable alternative accommodation options are identified and secured, where necessary.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints from tenants and members of the community as well as the general public relating to the scheme.
- To liaise with tenants on housing management problems in the scheme as required.
- To closely monitor the services provided to tenants by care and support agencies, report any areas of concern to appropriate agencies for remedial action. Co-ordinate and monitor the work of cleaners and contractors for the sheltered housing schemes.
- Undertake regular Health & Safety checks within the schemes in accordance with the Council's Health & Safety policies and procedures and scheme of management. Ensure that communal furnishing, carpeting and equipment such as fire alarms, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers/ blankets, fire doors, door entry systems, lifts, lighting, electrics etc are regularly checked and tested. To undertake regular fire drills and risk assessments report identified risks and/or non compliance, and take appropriate remedial action. Ensure all checks are accurately recorded including all accident and incidents that occur.
- To deal with correspondence, telephone calls and other administrative duties relevant to the scheme.
- To undertake any other duties in general housing management relevant to the scheme as instructed by managers.
- The duties of the post as listed above are not set out in order of priority and other tasks commensurate with the grade of the post may be required of the post holder
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Housing Management duties including repairs, rent income and enforcing tenancy conditions along with working in a front line service.
- Experience of monitoring older people to ensure that appropriate safeguarding standards are robustly maintained.
- Experience of working with older people and of implementing relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with tenants, colleagues and a range of statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing with a diverse range of people/services
- Ability to collate accurate statistics, write clear simple reports, use IT systems and maintain effective written records..
- Ability to remain calm and take appropriate responsible action in crisis situations or other emergencies.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload effectively, in a team environment and under management direction.
- Ability to organise and effectively promote a range of social activities, whilst creating enthusiasm to participate amongst sheltered housing tenants and the local community.
- Ability to effectively monitor and safeguard the work of carers, cleaners and others accessing sheltered housing schemes to provide services to sheltered housing tenants.
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate the changing needs and demands of the service.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.