City of London, London
£12.70 - £13.34 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Sheltered Housing Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To deliver an efficient , responsive, customer focused sensitive housing management service in extra care schemes, continually improving satisfaction with services for older, vulnerable residents and maximising opportunities to coordinate and work with key partners and stakeholders.
- To ensure that the health and safety of residents is regularly monitored and that all potential risks are minimised or removed accordingly.
- To work with tenants, colleagues and other relevant agencies to ensure the residents live in a safe and secure environment..
Duties and Responsibiliteies:
- To provide tenancy management services to residents within the framework of the tenancy agreement and relevant housing procedures. This includes maintaining tenancy conditions, assisting in the preparation of tenancy agreements, information packs, leading on lettings process for new residents and tenancy terminations.
- To deal with the enforcement of tenancy conditions within extra care schemes in accordance with council procedures and ensure the resolution of any anti social behaviour.
- To monitor and inspect the building to ensure the scheme is maintained in good condition, including communal areas, and to ensure residents' needs are taken into account for planned maintenance.
- To report and monitor completion of household and communal repairs and to ensure they are delivered to a high standard for residents including deploying a handy person service to provide a more accessible and tailored service.
- To manage the voids process in extra care housing and minimise loss of revenue from vacant homes through liaison with adult social care, effective marketing, prompt viewings, monitoring the quality of voids and recommending actions to minimise hard to let homes.
- To ensure the effective resettlement of new customers into the scheme, providing information about scheme facilities, tenancy related matters and local services to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To work closely with the contracted care provider and SMART telecare service to ensure that up to date relevant information is shared appropriately and that SMART are regularly kept informed of changes in tenant's circumstances and any other issues that may impact upon the provision of an emergency response.
- Ensure that all new and existing tenants and contractor care staff are familiar with extra care housing telecare systems i.e. door entry systems, CCTV, alarm cords, pendants, key safes etc and that they are aware of emergency procedures.
- To ensure that broken, lost or damaged equipment is reported immediately and repairs or replacements are issued, as soon as practically possible.
- Monitor rent accounts and minimise revenue loss from rent arrears through adherence to council procedures, referrals to adult social care, reaching payment agreements, liaison with internal and external agencies / departments and maximise resident's access to financial assistance by promoting and facilitating a wide range of financial inclusion activities such as Credit Union, on site surgeries, welfare benefits advice.
- To liaise with adult social care and care contractor for capacity assessments, or court of protection applications as appropriate.
- To maintain tenancy files for residents including recording all interviews with tenants and building positive customer relations..
- To recommend actions to Extra Care manager in respect of Notices of Seeking Possession, Court Action and other legal remedies for residents in the scheme.
- To seek agreements with tenants prior to legal action under supervision of Extra Care Manager.
- To assist the manager in preparation of reports as required, collating information and statistics for the scheme.
- To hold regular meetings with residents to support and encourage residents to influence what happens in the scheme and to encourage resident involvement in future plans.
- To conduct annual tenancy checks in the scheme.
- To monitor residents and liaise with care providers and adult social care to establish that extra care housing remains suitable to their needs. Work with other agencies, residents and their representatives to ensure that suitable alternative accommodation options are identified and secured, where necessary.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints from tenants and members of the community as well as the general public relating to the scheme.
- To liaise with tenants and adult social care on housing management problems in the scheme as required.
- To closely monitor the services provided to tenants by care and support agencies, report any areas of concern to appropriate agencies for remedial action. Co-ordinate and monitor the work of cleaners and contractors for the extra care housing schemes.
- Undertake regular Health & Safety checks within the schemes in accordance with the Council's Health & Safety policies and procedures and scheme of management. Ensure that communal furnishing, carpeting and equipment such as fire alarms, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers/ blankets, fire doors, door entry systems, lifts, lighting, electrics etc are regularly checked and tested. To undertake regular fire drills and risk assessments and report identified risks and/or non compliance, and take appropriate remedial action. Ensure all checks are accurately recorded including all accident and incidents that occur.
- To deal with correspondence, telephone calls and other administrative duties relevant to the scheme.
- To undertake any other duties in general housing management relevant to the scheme as instructed by managers. The duties of the post as listed above are not set out in order of priority and other tasks commensurate with the grade of the post may be required of the post holder.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are Eligable to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- 5 Years written referencing (All gaps verified)
- Enhanced DBS.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases