West End, London
£248.50 - £260.93 per day
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Service Manager on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£248.50 per day
To be responsible for the strategic leadership and management within Adult Social Care (ASC) and All Age Disability for an In House Provider Service (Orient Street - residential short break service). To build partnerships with other agencies and voluntary organisations to ensure that there is a network of support available to people to assist them in maximising their independence. To manage and deliver Councils assessment function in order to determine people's budgetary entitlement after their independence has been maximised. To develop and manage the councils Short Breaks and Family Support Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in the development and delivery of the Directorate's strategies, including those between the Directorate and partner agencies, to ensure the service takes account of future changes and policy developments.
- Provide responsive strategic leadership to the Service to ensure delivery of programmes of change in line with local and Directorate developments.
- Promote and develop partnership working with all stakeholders to advance new models of service delivery, improve standards and develop flexibility and innovation in service delivery.
- To be accountable for the effective planning, organising, delivery and continuous improvement and efficiency of the service, its resources and allocated budgets, utilising improvement and efficiency plans as required. Services must be driven by quality and customer focus and be determined by the needs of the people and different communities.
- To support the Senior Management Team to ensure effective partnership working across all Council services and external partnerships in order to meet customer's needs, deliver corporate strategies and achieve local objectives.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the individual performance management process within the division, and as Service Manager to be responsible for performance management and developing the capability of team managers and other direct reports.
- To ensure positive internal and external communications on divisional services, performance and initiatives, seeking and giving feedback to customers, partners and other stakeholders where necessary. This should be done in collaboration with relevant other Service Managers
- To ensure, with the Borough's Solicitor that the Council's fulfils it's legal and audit related obligations in the delivery of services and is statutorily compliant. This responsibility extends to cross divisional working.
- To promote equality and inclusion across all service provision and employment through policy initiatives, personal example, open commitment, clear action and direction.
- To contribute as appropriate to the Council's Emergency Planning and Business Continuity arrangements.
- Lead the development and management of robust monitoring and quality standards / assurance mechanisms to ensure service delivery is effective and that targets are met and are consistent with statutory requirements and Directorate policies.
- Develop targeted strategies for the recruitment, development, motivation and support of staff to maximise the effectiveness and quality of service delivery.
- Ensure value for money principles are applied in all areas of service delivery in consultation with stakeholders and partner agencies
- Oversee Safeguarding functions completed within the service to ensure that procedures are followed correctly and that cases are managed in a proper and effective manner.
Skills and Experience:
- Professional qualification or substantial experience in a relevant professional management capacity within a large public or private sector organisation.
- Management qualification and/or evidence of continuous management learning and development.
- Experience of safeguarding adults at a level sufficient to provide lead leadership in this area.
- Experience of successfully leading on the delivery of complex projects and programmes which involve a range of stakeholders and significant change.
- Experience of developing and reviewing policies and strategies as well as undertaking monitoring and evaluation of service provision that seeks to drive continuous service improvement.
- An in-depth and practical understanding of existing and pending legislation, relevant policies and issues in order to contribute fully and lead on the strategic direction of the service.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues in social work practice, social sciences and theory directly linking with current and proposed legislation that relates to Adult Social Care and All Age Disabilities Service and its implementation.
- An in-depth understanding of management concepts, practices and principles associated with performance and change management.
- Able to manage work and complex projects effectively - setting appropriate priorities, giving leadership to other managers, staff and (where relevant) service providers.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills to bring about service development/ performance improvement in services.
- Able to interpret financial information, manage and control budgets in accordance with procedures and to ensure that the budget set for the service is not exceeded.
- An understanding of the social and economic issues affecting a multi cultural borough, particularly equality of access and opportunity, and how this affects the activities of the service.
- Ability to take responsibility for the professional learning and development of others through supervision, mentoring, assessing, research, teaching, leadership and management.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the application of the principles of Equality and Diversity and its practice.
- Demonstrate sound decision making, risk management, and problem solving. Willingness to support and undertake continuing professional development including formal management training.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Your last to employers names.
- A enhanced DBS.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.