£19.03 - £19.98 per hour
24 days ago
Our client is seeking a Service Improvement Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Supporting operational managers in the delivery of projects and initiatives that improve strategy, policy, procedure and systems and embed changes within the workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support delivery of project/work streams; apply proven project/programme management methodologies, tools and techniques to deliver rapid, demonstrable and sustainable improvements.
- Deploy methodologies, skills and techniques involved in service improvement and organisational change.
- To support managers in identifying areas of workforce change using tools to identify and source appropriate OD & LD interventions.
- To work collaboratively to identify current and emerging performance and practice issues.
- Actively engage with all internal and external stakeholders, developing and maintaining effective links and relationships.
- Model a culture of collaborative working, setting high professional standards for the delivery of Service Improvement support to operational areas Service Specific
- Keep up to date with major developments and learning within service area, with a particular focus on how services can be improved for users.
- Ensure current understanding of the main business processes, procedures and systems that support service areas. V Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the council's customer care, equal opportunities, information governance, data protection and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience:
Track record of achievement level in a similarly large and complex organisation including:
Working collaboratively across organisational boundaries.
Developing practical, innovative and creative approaches to performance management and performance improvement.
Co-coordinating and managing provision of statutory and local performance indicators internally and externally ensuring the accuracy of data.
Knowledge of service improvement methods, project management, service design and workforce change .
Intellectual ability to, analyse complex information, draw conclusions and present findings in a compelling way.
Communication and influencing skills to inform, consult and negotiate with a range of audiences in a straightforward, articulate, sensitive and persuasive manner, both orally and in writing.
Interpersonal ability to engage with service areas,
Organisational skills to plan and prioritise their own time.
Identify and encourage innovative solutions, support a "can do" culture and achieve results.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases