City of London
£321.28 - £350 per day
7 months ago
2 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Improvement Manager to join our busy offices based in Southwark on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £321.28 per day.
As the Service Improvement Manager, your main duties will include:
- To be a role model for the values of the organisation which include, putting children first delivering excellent social work practice, valuing difference and diversity and striving for continuous improvement.
- The post holder leads by example at all times.
- Demonstrates and provides consultations to Service Managers, Unit Practice Leaders and social workers on the knowledge and skills for child and family social workers and supervisors as defined in the Department for Education KSS statements 2015.
- Provide sound information and expertise to others across CYPS and shares with others the experience, knowledge and demonstrable skills upon which it is based.
- Provide firm evidence to support the judgements you reach.
- Support and Develop and champion our approach to continuous improvement
- Support the development and maintenance of departmental strategies, policies and procedures
- Ensure that practice improvement includes that the service users' voices are heard across all our policies, strategies and emerging initiatives
- Develop a manager so that they understand performance data and can use it effectively to improve practice and service delivery.
- Develop the service to understand and deliver good and outstanding practise and evaluate practice against the social work framework and practice standards.
- You will bring in-depth knowledge of the legislative and policy context for children's services and a track record in leading performance, policy and strategy teams, working closely with senior managers, stakeholders, partners and Elected Members. You will possess excellent analytical skills as well as the ability to lead successful projects and change programmes.
- Your track record will include demonstrable improvement in outcomes based on delivering effective quality assurance and performance management. You will be able to evidence leadership, negotiation and relationship management skills appropriate to delivering high profile, complex services that have a profound impact on the effectiveness, availability and value for money of services to the department.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.