City of London, London
Up to £17.41 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Services Development Officer on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £17.41 Per Hour PAYE.
To perform a key role in shaping future strategy and policy in the borough's parks and leisure facilities and deliver capital investment projects in these facilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the regeneration of the borough through the strategic development of parks and leisure facilities
- Work independently, with a high level of creativity, within broad instructions and objectives. This includes drafting complex reports, committee items and briefings for senior managers and Members. Represent the council's view at a wide range of forums at senior levels.
- Lead on ensuring that the leisure programme board is updated on all projects within clusters.
- Manage major high profile capital projects. Procure and manage teams of consultants and contractors; ensuring consultation, management of risk, quality, and effective delivery to programme and within budget.
- Be responsible for financial forecasting, reporting and maintaining accurate records of cluster and project finances. Ensuring all expenditure commitments and all payments are properly authorised, controlled and monitored.
- Establishing, maintaining and managing relationships with key stakeholders throughout the delivery process, and providing briefings for elected members
- Identify and secure funding for strategic projects that support local residents and address local issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Management, Business Administration or Management (an appropriate level of experience would be a suitable substitute for a qualification) (ESI)
- Knowledge of all aspects of project management including feasibility, contract specification, letting, monitoring and the processes and procedures associated. (ESI)
- Knowledge of local authority procedures and funding structures. (DSI)
- Knowledge of external funding sources and the relationship between local authorities, the voluntary sector and other non-statutory agencies. (DSI)
- Knowledge of risk management when delivering projects (DI)
- Understanding of the role of external organisations in the provision of parks and leisure services. (DI)
- Understanding of legislation, standards and professional guidelines relevant to the job. (DSI)
- Delivering projects in partnership with customers. (ESI)
- Business planning and research. (DI)
- Contract development and planning, monitoring and implementation. (DI)
- Working in partnership with internal and external agencies. (ESI)
- Financial management to include budget preparation and monitoring. (ESI)
- Preparation of reports. (ESI)
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases