£18.63 - £19.56 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Valuer on the initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
Working in a small professional team the post presents a unique opportunity to deal with a broad range of professional work. This includes all aspects of valuation and property management for the Council, acquisitions, disposals, management, asset valuations, rating and compensation matters. You will have the opportunity to be part of a cost-effective professional service, which includes taking into account the Council's policies and legislation, and particularly the duty to demonstrate best value for all property transactions.
You will be RICS qualified with a considerable post qualification experience, ideally in the public sector. The role offers flexible annual leave and working arrangements, pension, training and development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- The management of land and property in the Council's ownership other than Council houses including rent reviews and taking/granting of leases, tenancies, licences.
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold property interests and easements by agreement.
- Acquire land and rights using compulsory powers.
- The provision of advice and valuations as required in connection with the Asset Management Plan and the Asset Register.
- Rating, including making proposals/negotiating reduction.
- Valuations for all purposes.
- Resolution of boundary disputes, encroachment, trespass etc.
- Planning applications.
- The provision of professional advice and other services as required.
- Provide professional and technical advice and other relevant services to the Department and other Departments and Agencies.
- Liaise with or oversee consultants as required.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams assembled for individual tasks, in a subordinate capacity to a nominated leader.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Executive Member or for other purposes as required.
- To ensure that all work for which the post holder is responsible is completed to appropriate standards and in accordance with the Red Book, South Gloucestershire Council's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and Departmental procedures.
Skills and Experience-
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is essential.
- Experience working in a commercial organisation or local authority.
- Effective IT skills and working knowledge of word processing, databases and spreadsheet packages. Ideally, experience of MapInfo (although training will be given if needed).
- The ability to work on own initiative unsupervised for routine work.
- The post holder must possess good communication and organisational skills and be able to meet commercial and contractual deadlines.
- Able to negotiate effectively with a range of people.
- Exemplify the Council's values and behaviours.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.