£18.86 - £19.80 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Transport Planner on an initial 1 years contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- Assist in the development and delivery of the capital programme of transport infrastructure schemes funded by Growth Deal and HIF.
- To be responsible for providing experienced technical input to help shape transport infrastructure.
- To be responsible for the scope, evidence and planning elements of transport infrastructure schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the development, commissioning and implementation of transport planning studies (including those conducted by external consultants) taking responsibility for their day-to-day management as required in accordance with Council's Project Management guidelines.
- To lead option appraisal and scheme feasibility, initial costing and other assessments to determine priorities and provide an initial assessment of scheme costs/benefits (through management of consultants);
- To liaise with the Local Planning Authorities about the schemes
- Supervise and support junior members of staff within the team
- Represent the Council at meetings, public exhibitions and other events and provide support to senior officers as appropriate.
- To be an expert witness an Examination in Public regarding planning and Compulsory Planning Orders
- Work closely with Stakeholders, local Members and other organisations on scheme development and consultation, including provision of timely information in the appropriate form.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of the development plan system.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to successfully deliver complex and challenging programmes of work through effective partnership working in a political environment.
- Experience of commissioning and managing consultants using a variety of procurement routes.
- Experience of working in a planning/transport planning environment.
- Experience of leading complex projects or programme of works.
- Experience of supervising/managing junior members of staff.
- Experience of budget management.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and networks, such as elected members and Government departments, that enable the understanding and delivery of the organisation's goals.
- Ability to problem solve and integrate a variety of evidence data/tools into transport solutions
- Articulating complex issues to others using different styles of communication.
- Has impact and influence, effectively motivating others to achieve goals and embrace change.
- Active Communication - is approachable, ready to consult and share information and communicates with sensitivity and understanding.
- Decision-making - makes clear decisions based on information and knowledge, taking into account risk assessment and impact on others. Makes clear decisions that take full account of value for money, cost management, efficiency and risk.
- Delivering Results- consistently delivers personal objectives and supports achievements of team and service objectives through appropriate prioritisation, and an organised approach.
- Customer focus - takes responsibility for delivering excellence in customer service through active feedback and a good understanding of diverse customers and communities.
- Personal Effectiveness - Acts with honesty and integrity and responds positively to change and opportunities for personal development.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases