5 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Support Officer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Technical Support Officer, your main duties will include:
- To act as the Main contact with Major Building Control partners for all high level finance queries, payment schedules and fee payments.
- Accountability for dealing with fiscal matters for Major Project's team where Building Control fee values can range up to half a million pounds.
- To take accountability for producing quarterly financial forecasts for presentation and review by Building Control Management, Operational Director, Head of Finance and attendance at finance review meetings to answer queries.
- Responsible for monthly Oracle Budget Monitoring (OBM), updating forecast, and sending to Operational Director for review
- Responsible for producing quarterly KPI's for performance
- Responsible for advising Building Control management on weekly finance position and flag any issues pertaining to income and expenses
To be successful for this Senior Technical Support Officer post you will need to have:
- A sound understanding of relevant housing legislation and Health & Safety Regulations
- Able to build trust and develop good working relationships with customers and contractors
- Personally effective with excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and co-ordinate own workload, prioritise tasks and be self-motivating with the ability to work on own initiative, or within a team
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to assess and evaluate a range of options and able to think strategically and contribute to the overall success of the business
- Educated to sufficient level to carry out all the duties of the post
- Good understanding of current issues & developments affecting Building Control, Regeneration & Local Government in London
- Policy: Excellent understanding of Building Control policies
- Finance - Completed Finance training and astute in dealing with all Building Control fiscal matters
- Law: good understanding of Building Control legislation in particular in relation to validation of applications, unauthorised works, dangerous structures & fees
- General level of political awareness & understanding of the operation of local government, detailed in relation to Building Control matters
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.