£16.48 - £17.30 per hour
27 days ago
Our client is seeking an Senior Technical Support Officer on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
Through the provision of high level technical support and supervisory skills, make a significant contribution to the day to day running of the Building Control unit, Financial reporting and the continual development of the Local Authority Building Control within the borough and outside. Develop and maintain positive relationships with high level Major Project partners
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To act as the Main contact with Major Building Control partners for all high level finance queries, payment schedules and fee payments.
- Accountability for dealing with fiscal matters for Major Project's team where Building Control fee values can range up to half a million pounds.
- To take accountability for producing quarterly financial forecasts for presentation and review by Building Control Management, Operational Director, Head of Finance and attendance at finance review meetings to answer queries.
- Responsible for monthly Oracle Budget Monitoring (OBM), updating forecast, and sending to Operational Director for review
- Responsible for producing quarterly KPI's for performance
- Responsible for advising Building Control management on weekly finance position and flag any issues pertaining to income and expenses.
- Produce accurate statistical and performance data, information reports as required.
- Day to day management of all Building Control finance functions, including receipting of invoices, raising invoices, credit notes and purchase orders.
- Work with council's debt recovery teams to ensure payments are received efficiently
- Banking of cheques received for applications
- Assisting in marketing and working with Brents communication and web site team's to ensure Building Control services are advertised to the highest standards both internally and externally. This is a critical aspect as Building Control is constantly in competition for all work with the Private sector.
- Data management of Building Control documentation, including scanning and uploading files, electronic data, microfiche and hard copy files to operational systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Retrieval, review and action of requests for historic records from external and internal customers and agreeing fees
- New Application registration and initial assessment of fees,
- Validation of new applications within statuary timescales, including fee assessment and ensuring legal requirements under the Building Act are upheld
- Use of third party systems produce Thames Water maps for build over agreements
- Assisting with Street Naming & Numbering applications and working with third party partners on resolving issues with official numbering of properties with the borough and agreement of fees
- Dealing with queries and issues in the absence of Building Control manager to ensure best customer experience is achieved.
- Work with Building Control management, in preparation of reports and spreadsheets on complex sensitive data for review by Operational Directors, DCLG, Senior Management and Councillors, in relation to Building Control issues post Grenfell Tower fire outcome.
- Working with Council Tax and Property Database teams in identifying and registering Unauthorised Works within the borough to ensure they meet Building Regulations.
- To assist in provision of response to complex customer enquirers including advice on Building control matters, freedom of information requests etc.
- Dealing with queries pertaining to archived records, checking status of historic applications for solicitor enquires, issuing copies of completion certificates and decision notices where applicable
- Assisting in preparation of consultation documents to send to third party associates and LFB
- To manage a varied and complex workload in all areas of building control, responding to matters in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in training of new customer service staff and on-going training to existing staff on Building Control technical procedures, including Group Training, one to one training and reviewing and flagging work errors for accuracy and reporting to Customer Service management.
- Liaising with IT service providers to perform general maintenance and provision of new features and refinements to Building Control operations systems and functions.
- Working with management in procurement and provision of integral IT operational systems.
- Implementing on-going improvements to integral IT systems for increased efficiency and improvements to the service.
- Organise monthly Building Control meetings, minute taking and create action list.
Skills and Experience-
- Developing supervisory experience within Building Control Technical Support
- Experience of finance management
- Experience of project management
- Writing: display a good level of ability; exhibit a clear & comprehensible writing style in line with Plain English principles
- General IT skills: basic keyboard/typing skills, use of Windows, Office Suite
- Specialist IT skills: Acolaid or other Building Control related system, Finance System & third party data systems.
- Specialist t in identifying and communicating validity criteria on Building Control applications
- Time/priority management: good level of proficiency
- Ability to work under pressure & handle stress
- Demonstrable ability to achieve high quality and high level outputs through the practical application of project management techniques
- Innovative thinker & ability to analyse & weigh complex issues
- Good understanding of the dynamics of team working
- Proficient at handling difficult people effectively
- Negotiation: Excellent level of proficiency; clear listening, questioning and reasoning ability
- Verbal communication: good level of proficiency in most scenarios
- Tactful, diplomatic and politically astute
- Customer care champion - Competent organisation, crisis management & change management
- General appreciation of employment legislation
- From time to time and to work hours required to meet pressing deadlines that may exceed contracted hours
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.