£17.70 - £18.59 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Technical Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To lead people to support the delivery of projects and services to achieve required outcomes within an allocated area of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of day to day leadership and provision of professional advice to other professional and technical staff, partners , stakeholders, and councillors.
- Direction and management of a range of projects and activities, in the production of cost effective solutions, to meet corporate, service and team priorities to deliver good outcomes for the community
- Responsible for monitoring expenditure and managing allocated budgets ensuring optimum use of resources.
- Co-ordination and direction of in-house and external resources to ensure successful project and/or service delivery.
- Production of reports, and contract administration as required.
- Preparation of fee estimates for projects or service including identifying resource requirements.
- Ensuring that projects or services meet Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Management Standards
- Representing the County Council on relevant professional matters as required at public meetings, meetings with contractors and consultants.
- Preparation of technical information for public inquiries, arbitration's, adjudications or similar events.
- Maintenance of good relations with internal and external Clients, Partner Organisations and Councillors.
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant post-qualification experience in relevant field, including
- management and leadership of significant projects
- Experience of handling information requests from a wide range of stakeholders and responding with complex professional and technical advice
- Experience of project management
- Experience of producing committee reports
- Experience of successful funding bids
- Knowledge of management and leadership best practice
- Extensive knowledge of project management
- High awareness of (and an effective approach to) ensuring good health and safety practice.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases