£23.25 - £28.95 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
5 days ago
6 months +
A 6 months+ opportunity for a Senior Team Manager has arisen with the local authorities in Bournemouth.
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a leading Community Safety strategic lead with significant local authority experience to develop and manage a team of community safety staff, including project officers and data analysts. You will manage the Council's statutory duties and support the delivery of strategy work alongside operational priorities.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Foster constructive relationships with external partners, such as the Fire and Rescue services, Dorset Police, the probation service, Clinical Commissioning Group, and the Mental Health Trust and solicit their engagement and involvement in the developing partnership structure and processes.
- Work closely and cooperatively with other managers, identifying the key issues that have an impact on community safety priorities, such as violence, exploitation and vulnerability and on safety in public spaces, and ensuring coordination of service delivery and multi-agency work in support of the Council's corporate aims and objectives.
- Cooperate in the production of joint briefings on plans and progress against development plan, for the Senior Leadership Team and elected Members as agreed with the Community Safety Strategic Development Lead.
- Provide advice to senior council officers on the Council's statutory obligations under Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 and support them in developing service plans and performance indicators to reflect their contribution.
Skills and Experience:
- Appreciate diversity in both customers and colleagues and consider their specific needs.
- Flexible approach to a complex and high risk case load, considering different customer needs.
- Good knowledge of ICT, including word, outlook, word and other programmes relevent to the role.
- Experience of managing a community safety team or initiative.
- Experience in working with statutory bodies such as the police, health and fire.
- Experience in delivering community safety initiatives.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.