£15.89 - £16.68 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer on an initial 3 Months contract with the possibility of an extension.
Monday - Friday, 37.5
- Server migrations from Windows Server 2008 and 2008R2 to Windows Server 2016 and 2019. This work includes building new servers, migrating application and services to them, arranging with third parties for assistance where required. You will also be required to write accompanying RFC documents, and organise downtime with the Trust to facilitate migrations.
- Assistance with SCCM task sequencing, app packaging, testing and deployment to our Windows 10 environment.
- Assistance with development of our Windows 10 environment, including advanced 10 group policy skills to assist us with optimisation and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration, maintenance, support, and backup of the Trust's core servers, operating systems, and services.
- * Implementation of hardware and software upgrades, service packs, patches and hot fixes
- * Maintenance of access control, version control, security and availability of the servers including external access.
- * A proactive monitoring environment to monitor server performance and integrity
- * Participation in mixed skill teams as required to achieve project goals and deadlines.
- * Assist with resolution of Service Desk calls and underlying problem diagnosis as appropriate.
- * Test any new server equipment and commission before it is added to the network to ensure its compatibility.
- * To undertake any other duties that would be a reasonable expectation of the role
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases