£15.81 - £16.60 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 9 to join our clients offices based in Winsford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 9, your main duties will include:
- Carry out a full or very wide range of business assessment, inspection, survey and/or enforcement duties and support various areas of specialist work.
- Conduct and/or oversee assessment/inspection and enforcement activity, maintain accurate records and prepare reports for complex cases in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and the highest standards of professional practice for presentation at Court, Public and Planning Enquiries and Licensing Hearings.
- Take a lead role in developing and maintaining a customer-focused service by providing high quality advice and support to key stakeholders, including businesses, individuals and Members to promote business growth and to protect consumers and residents
- Resolve complaints and disputes in accordance within statutory guidelines/requirements and council policy
- Support the development of procedures for intelligence-led, streamlined, efficient and effectively targeted services, achieving best practice against external benchmarks in all aspects.
- Develop and maintain effective contacts with partners, business and other stakeholders to ensure and promote a fair, safe and healthy environment and pro-actively promote the service and its products to all sectors, as appropriate
To be successful for this Senior Regulatory Services Officer - Grade 9 post you will need to have:
- 5 GCSE's, including English and Maths, minimum grade C or 4 or equivalent
- Degree or Diploma level recognised Trading Standards qualification including 3 of Animal Health, Food and Feed standards, and Product Safety, Metrology, Fraud
- Evidence of relevant professional competence
- Demonstrable experience in Trading Standards disciplines including 3 or more of Animal Health, Food and Feed standards and Product Safety, Metrology, Fraud
- Up to date working knowledge of legislation and Codes of Practice relevant to Trading Standards
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise individual work, tasks and projects
- Effective in problem analysis and practical decision making
Willingness and ability to attend meetings, undertake visits and inspections and provide cover outside normal office hours
Abilityto travel throughout the borough
37 hours per week
Monday - Sunday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.