£27.45 - £34.18 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
12 days ago
A 6 month+ opportunity has arisen for a Senior Regeneration And Development Manager within the local authorities in Watford.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Provide professional and technical advice on behalf of the council to bring forward major projects and regeneration initiatives.
- Take a lead and have responsibility for supporting specific regeneration projects.
- Lead and work collaboratively with master planners, developers, surveyors, architects and multiple stakeholders to meet project aims and objectives
- Secure public and private investment to enable delivery: prepare and present reports/business cases to stakeholders, senior leadership team and committees of the council and any other bodies as required
- Line management of Property Development Project Managers and contract management of external consultants/agents
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Expertise
- Educated to degree level in a built environment subject, or equivalent experience
- Membership of a recognised built environment professional body (RICS, RTPI or equivalent)
- MAPM, Prince II or similar practitioner
- A working knowledge of the legislative framework around planning and development matters
- Track record of successful delivery of major development projects with a complex private/public sector interface, on time and on budget, showing a well-developed appreciation of the strategic issues and challenges involved
- Record of successful resource management, the formulation, monitoring and control of large complex budgets and the effective performance management of people and physical resources in a diverse organisation.
- A track record of success in motivating people and brokering collaboration across a complex network of public, private and voluntary sector stakeholders, an ability to build trust and confidence across organisational and sector boundaries
- Experience of writing and presenting complex reports, business cases and bids in a comprehensible style to audiences including elected members and senior officers
- An ability to sustain a positive organisational and personal profile, grounded in a high level of political awareness whilst potentially under local public and media scrutiny
- Ability to make decisions on some matters without referral to someone senior but ability to judge when to escalate issues and when to deal with them directly
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.