£30 - £37 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
7 days ago
6 months +
A 4 month+ opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the local authorities in Southwark.
Allocated task may include:
- Provide professional advice on quality surveying aspects of planned preventative maintenance, repairs and refurbishment programmes, contracts and work packages.
- Prepare pricing documentation
- Prepare issue and receive tender documents and/or work packages
- Prepare and agree service provider valuations, contract disputes, final accounts
- Evaluate service provider work packages to ensure the Council receives value for money
- Appoint and manage external consultants and suppliers and/or quantity surveyor staff
- Maintain standards in the quality of design and delivery of projects, including procurement, contract standing orders and the Gateway process
Initiate legal action in relation to contractor performance and / or contract arrangements. Preparing for and attending arbitration on behalf of the Council; and other legal processes as required
Educated to degree level in quantity surveying with a surveying qualification; e.g. RICS. Or relevant experience working at a suitable level in a similar environment
Knowledge of current relevant building contracts, building standards, housing legislation and social issues impacting on service design delivery.
Extensive experience of working in a professional quantity surveying environment.
- Procurement procedures and contract management in a construction environment.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Dealing with complex contractual and financial disputes.
- Managing a team.
- Budget planning and budget management.
- Pursuing contractual claims
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.