£25 - £27.50 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
13 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for a Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen within the local authorities in Coalville.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be tasked with assisting the Housing Asset Management Team in the co-ordination and management of cost control and procedures for the repairs and investment work of the Council's housing stock and also to support the Housing Asset Management Team in producing and maintaining accurate financial information in compliance with the Council's standing orders
In addition to the above you will take responsibility for ensuring effective cost control measures are in place and budgets adhered to with regard to external and internal contracts whilst also assuming responsibility for building and maintaining effective relationships with contractors, customers and stakeholders, dealing with challenging situations as and when required.
The successful candidate must have a qualification in quantity surveying or equivalent at HNC level or above, have experience of evaluating contractors' interim valuations and final accounts; monitoring costs and analysing fluctuations; maintaining financial spreadsheets and producing reports; application of contract procedures associated with managing multi-million pound contracts. You must also have excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills and IT skills and be able to act as an ambassador for the authority when visiting tenant homes and interacting with contractors.
- Ability to interpret complex financial information including project finances, budgets and valuations to ensure effective cost control Ability to effectively manage contractors including chairing contract meetings
- Ability to identify and appraise options for continuous improvement and Value for Money opportunities, including business case reports with recommendations
- Quantity Surveying degree
- Contract knowledge, negotiation and OJEU procurement experience
- Experience of commercially managing planned and maintenance contracts
- Knowledge of a range of procurement routes for asset management
Rate of Pay
Hours of work are 09:00am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday.
The role will predominately be carried out remotely (ie, from home) with some office working/visits in the district by prior arrangement.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.