£30 - £37 per hour + (PAYE/Umbrella)
23 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity, with the possibility of an extension, for a Senior Quantity Surveyor has arisen within the local authorities in Southwark.
Allocated tasks may include:
- Provide professional advice on quality surveying aspects of planned preventative maintenance, repairs and refurbishment programmes, contracts and work packages.
- Prepare pricing documentation.
- Prepare issue and receive tender documents and/or work packages.
- Prepare tender reports and recommendations.
- Prepare and agree service provider valuations, contract disputes, final accounts.
- Evaluate service provider work packages to ensure the Council receives value for money.
- Maintain standards in the quality of design and delivery of projects, including procurement, contract standing orders and the Gateway process
Educated to degree level in quantity surveying with a surveying qualification; e.g. RICS. Or relevant experience working at a suitable level in a similar environment
Knowledge of current relevant building contracts, building standards, housing legislation and social issues impacting on service design delivery.
Extensive experience of working in a professional quantity surveying environment.
- Procurement procedures and contract management in a construction environment.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Dealing with complex contractual and financial disputes.
- Managing a team.
- Budget planning and budget management.
- Pursuing contractual claims
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
Ability to use computer systems including word processing, spreadsheets and databases for correspondence, reports and performance monitoring.
To have high level negotiation skills
Rate of Pay
There might be flexibility in the rate for the right candidate.
Hours of work are 09:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday.
To apply please send your CV or e-mail for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.