City of London, London
£30 - £35 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
16 days ago
5 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our busy offices based in Southwark on a temporary basis for 5 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £30 p/h PAYE.
As the Senior Quantity Surveyor, your main duties will include:
- Provide professional advice on quality surveying aspects of planned preventative maintenance, repairs and refurbishment programmes, contracts and work packages.
- Prepare pricing documentation.
- Prepare issue and receive tender documents and/or work packages.
- Prepare tender reports and recommendations.
- Prepare and agree on service provider valuations, contract disputes, final accounts.
- Prepare complex reports as an expert witness
- Evaluate service provider work packages to ensure the Council receives value for money.
- Appoint and manage external consultants and suppliers and/or quantity surveyor staff.
- Maintain standards in the quality of design and delivery of projects, including procurement, contract standing orders and the Gateway process
To be successful for this Senior Quantity Surveyor post you will need to have:
- Procurement procedures and contract management in a construction environment.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Dealing with complex contractual and financial disputes.
- Managing a team.
- Budget planning and budget management.
- Pursuing contractual claims
- Educated to degree level in quantity surveying with a surveying qualification; e.g. RICS. Or relevant experience working at a suitable level in a similar environment
- Knowledge of current relevant building contracts, building standards, housing legislation and social issues impacting on service design delivery.
- Extensive experience of working in a professional quantity surveying environment.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.