£20 - £40 per hour
28 days ago
8 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our busy offices based in Bournemouth on a temporary basis for 8 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at up to £40 p/h.
As the Senior Project Manager, your main duties will include:
- Lead the delivery of large complex projects, managing a multi-disciplinary team (including external contractors) so that team members are able to develop in their role, produce quality project outputs, and support achievement of project objectives.
- Maintain the project management and formal governance frameworks for the project, to ensure milestones are reached on time and decision-making is transparent.
- Plan and design project outputs in line with programme/project priorities and milestones, to ensure the interdependencies of tasks (and other workstreams) are correctly captured.
- Collaborate with the Programme Manager or member of the Senior Leadership Team to understand the key milestones to the change programme, and to make recommendations about key outcomes for the specific project area.
- Develop relevant policies and procedures for the management and planning of projects, to implement the outcomes of projects, and to ensure changes are embedded within the Council.
- Lead project quality reviews in order to identify, assess and take action to mitigate risks to project success.
- Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders across the Council, citizens, partners and external bodies, to plan projects, resolve any issues and risks relating to the project, to ensure outcomes are delivered on time to the required quality.
- Produce and present reports to project governance structures, to gain their support and decision making on various elements and stages of the project.
- Champion the project and associated services, seeking out opportunities to create market awareness for the project to drive inward investment and promote the work of BCP.
- Oversee the financial governance of the project, to ensure spending is within set budgets and full compliance with Council financial regulations and that value or return is derived from spending.
To be successful for this Senior Project Manager post you will need to have:
- Relevant degree within the remit of the project.
- Member of a professional body relevant to project management or the service area
- Relevant project management qualification, e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent.
- ⦁Substantial knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Detailed knowledge in area of service or specialism including a general, broader understanding of the public sector and the issues that it faces
- Knowledge of local government working models and public sector partnerships.
- Substantial experience in the project area.
- Experience of leading business change, and managing multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience of setting, managing, and overseeing financial governance for larger and multi-faceted projects.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and persuade people around change, and to motivate and develop a diverse project team.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.