£28.1 - £29.77 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Procurement Specialist on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Council is currently transforming its commercial services and it seeking interim capacity until the end of the financial year 2019.20.
The Council is looking for expertise ideally from people who have worked in a local government setting across the following areas:-
Corporate Services - including facilities, utilities, personal related services, consultancy and labour and professional services.
Adult Social Care - development of care market place including extra care and nursing capacity, home care.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Manage a small team
- Manage the quality of the products being delivered by the team
- Manage the delivery of the work programme and reporting
- Oversee the delivery of the Directorate facing category plans and oversight of the plan implementation.
- Oversee the delivery of the Directorate facing commercial strategy
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the procurement forward plan
- Oversee the successful implementation of the make, do, buy process
- Drive value across the Category Plans, Commercial Strategy to deliver
- Manage the interface with the Directorate and links across to other business partners for the directorate
- Improve commercial performance and activity related to the Directorate including compliance.
Skills and Experience-
- Subject matter expertise above
- Professional qualifications in line with the JD.PS
- Job title Senior Procurement Specialist
- Experience and track record of delivering commercial activity across the service areas
- Experience of complex OJEU procurement's through the digital market place and the delivery of complex procurement's
- Experience of working with challenging supply chains and suppliers to deliver commercial change projects
- Experience of working with technical experts to develop high quality and effective specifications
- MCIPS qualified and/or can demonstrate a substantial track record in Contract / Supplier Relationship Management
- Work in Truro - at least based 4 days a week working from home 1 day
- Make a commitment until April 2020
- Commencement asap
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.