£250 - £311.25 per day + PAYE/Umbrella
25 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Senior Procurement Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Bristol.
We are looking for an experienced Public Sector Senior Procurement Specialist with a background in working on innovative multi-discipline projects. The ideal candidate may have exposure in working in category management but will definitely be experienced in project delivery. This role will take the Procurement Lead in a series of £M+ projects making up a larger programme known as the Future Transport Zone.
The role is centred around the Identification, implementation and execution of the most appropriate and efficient sourcing strategies using existing government frameworks where appropriate to do so (such as Crown Commercial Services). It is expected that there will be a need to conduct a significant level of engagement with the external market. You will be comfortable in market engagement activity and operating in accordance with the Public Contracting Regulations and our own Contract Standing Orders.
Skills and Experience:
- High level of experience in a Public Sector Procurement environment.
- Modelling resource implications of a procurement process to ensure suitable resource is available
- Presenting procurement strategies to senior management to obtain approval and support
- Leading the procurement process from inception to contract award
- Identifying and managing risks within the process
- Creating robust pricing structures
- Working with Legal Teams to draft contracts and mitigate legal issues
- Conducting spend analysis and spend forecasting to establish accurate contract values.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.