West End, London
£30.00 - £31.5 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planning Policy Officer to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Planning Policy Officer, your main duties will include:
- Developing borough wide Local Plan policy, Supplementary Planning Documents and other planning and design guidance, based upon appropriate evidence, involving stakeholders and the public in policy development and taking draft policy through formal adoption processes, including preparing for Key Decisions and Examinations in Public as necessary
- Undertaking research to provide a sound and up to date evidence base for policy development for both the borough as a whole and for specified places as a key element of place shaping.
- Leading projects to deliver local plan objectives, in relation to a topic or a spatial area. Positive Planning and implementation of policy are seen as a key element of place shaping.
- Maintaining a broad knowledge of the policy issues in the borough and London and developing specialist knowledge in certain aspects according to business needs, preparing briefings for senior managers and councillors
- Providing guidance and support for communities considering or preparing neighbourhood plans
- Organising and facilitating at public events as part of community engagement
- Maintaining databases and monitoring systems. Analysing evidence and drawing out trends, patterns and characteristics for both the borough as a whole and specified places in need of policy development.
To be successful for this Senior Planning Policy Officer post you will need to have:
- A planning degree or equivalent
- Chartered membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent) or eligibility for chartered membership and evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- Evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- Licentiate membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (or equivalent)
- significant planning experience, some of which should have been gained in a planning policy environment
- excellent working knowledge of current planning legislation and practice, especially in relation to local plans and neighbourhood planning
- able to communicate clearly and articulately with the spoken word
- able to give both informal and formal presentations and confident in communicating with a wide range of people at all levels
- able to construct concise, articulate reports presenting arguments clearly and persuasively
- able to prioritise and effectively manage a heavy workload
- a methodical and thorough approach to routine tasks and when dealing with detailed work
- able to use initiative within own role as appropriate
- able to meet short deadlines whilst retaining quality through effective time management and reviewing progress
- shares information and liaises with others in order to meet objectives
- commitment to the provision of a quality service to customers
- good keyboard and it skills
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.