Up to £50 per hour + Excellent Benefits
13 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Senior Planning Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Barnstaple, Devon.
- Acting under delegated powers, to be responsible for the processing of applications, appeals and enforcement action within the district.
- To be responsible to the relevant Lead Officer for the processing of applications, appeals, enforcement and pre-application enquiries within North Devon District.
- To process planning applications and pre-application enquiries in negotiation with applicants, professional agents and consultees.
- To determine planning applications acting under delegated powers and to sign decision notices.
- To be responsible for dealing with planning appeals.
- To be responsible for enforcement action and the monitoring of planning conditions.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Town Planning (or equivalent)
- Corporate Member of the RTPI or in the final year of working towards eligibility for Licentiate Membership.
- A thorough knowledge of national, regional, county and district policies so as to ensure planning issues are dealt with consistently in accordance with laid down guidelines
- The ability to make timely decisions on development proposals often outside existing guidance which will often have financial consequences.
- Ability to drive and access to a car.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.