£13.99 - £14.99 per hour
8 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planning Officer to join our clients' offices based in Macclesfield on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Planning Officer, your main duties will include:
- Provide pre-application information and appropriate planning advice, to developers and their agents, landowners, other Divisions of the Council, Parish and Town Councils, Amenity Societies, members of the public, statutory undertakers and other external concerns and agencies requesting assistance from the local planning authority.
- Prepare reports with recommendations on planning and other forms of applications relating to the development or use of land and to prepare reports on any other matters of a development management nature or enforcement matters. It is anticipated that the post holder will be responsible for dealing with complex planning applications within the Development Management Service.
- Ensure planning submissions comply with statutory requirements for validity, and to issue appropriate instruction to support staff within the Service and to assist in the further processing of such submissions when required.
- Report to and/or attend any meetings as requested
To be successful for this Senior Planning Officer post you will need to have:
- A degree or Diploma in Planning or a closely related discipline
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Eligibility or full Membership of RTPI
- Experience of planning work, including major applications
- Experience in a Local Authority Planning Department
- Knowledge of current environmental issues and a demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with other professionals
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £13.99 p/h PAYE
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.