£14.92 - £15.67 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Planning Officer on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To enable and ensure acceptable development within the framework of local and national planning policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deal with and determine a range of submissions including planning applications and Listed Building Consents particularly those of a more complex and contentious nature as well as major applications.
- Deal with resultant planning appeals comprising inquires, hearings and written representations including those of a complex nature resulting from above.
- Provide planning advice and support Planning Officers and others within the Team.
- Help to negotiate Section 106 agreements.
- Provide planning, enforcement and specialist conservation and Listed Building advice to the public, Councillors, statutory authorities, professional agents and other related customers at all stages in the planning and enforcement process.
- Process a range of applications and consents including those of a more complex and major nature in an effective and efficient manner and independently from pre application stage to their conclusion using appropriate systems, including the validation, registration and administration of applications.
- Issue decisions independently and without supervision
- Carry out site visits, surveys, investigations and research work in connection with pre applications, applications, post application work, enforcement investigations and appeals, involving predominately lone working.
- Write committee and officer reports and present reports to Planning Committee in a confident and effective manner and also undertake committee site visits with members when required.
- Represent the Council at inquiries and court cases as an expert witness and hearings and written representations as an advocate.
- Keep up-to-date with National, Strategic and Local planning policy and guidance as well as planning appeal decisions and other relevant legislative changes.
- Undertake negotiations with relevant parties using initiative to secure acceptable outcomes with regards to Section 106 Agreements, planning applications and appeals and enforcement investigations.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the systems and processes used by the Development Team and seeking ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the service including undertaking additional tasks and duties to that end.
- Liaise with other statutory authorities/professional agents/members of the public/councillors and provide specialist advice in respect of a range of planning matters, where required.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Town Planning or relevant degree with extensive planning experience.
- Experience of dealing with a range of more complex and major planning applications.
- Experience in dealing with a range of enforcement matters.
- Good communication skills.
- General Competence in computers.
- A good standard of literacy and report writing skills.
- Possess a driving licence and be able to attend meetings and site visits throughout the Borough.
- Competence in relevant PC based software systems.
- Membership of the RTPI.
For this role you require:
- 2 Years Written Referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.