£16.65 - £18.68 per hour + PAYE
8 days ago
4 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner to join our client's offices based in Watford on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £16.65 - £18.68 p/h PAYE.
As the Senior Planner , your main duties will include:
- Handling a personal caseload of applications and enquiries, including making site visits, meeting, advising and negotiations with developers, Councillors and third party interests, drafting reports, dealing with all correspondence and making written recommendations to the Head of Development Management.
- Negotiating with applicants and third parties (including s.106 planning obligations) to secure the delivery of the Council's planning policies and corporate objectives.
- Supporting the provision of the customer service including the provision of telephone advice to callers on planning and related matters.
- Providing pre-application advice to applicants and their agents orally and in writing in accordance with Council procedures and the pre-application advice guidance.
- Preparing questionnaires, statements/evidence for planning appeals and proceedings and presenting evidence at hearings and inquiries in connection with planning and related applications.
- The post holder has no direct reports but will be responsible for checking all planning applications that have been allocated to them and validated by the Technical Support Team.
To be successful for this Senior Planner post you will need to have:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in Planning or a related subject
- Eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Experience in dealing with planning applications and related matters
- Experience in dealing with small major planning applications and complex minor planning applications
- Experience in dealing with planning appeals
- Relevant software packages and back-office systems are MS Office applications, Intermediate/ advanced Outlook, Spreadsheets, database etc., UNIFORM, GIS
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.