St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£20.90 - £21.94 per hour
about 1 year ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planner to join our clients offices based in St Albans on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Planner, your main duties will include:
- Assisting management in the recruitment of new staff and coaching colleagues to support departmental priorities and contribute to a high performing service. This would also include deputising for the Development Management Team Leaders.
- Lead on the consideration and negotiation of major and complex planning applications to facilitate the implementation of the Local Plan and corporate objectives with a decision recommendation on each application within statutory time limits.
- Keep up to date with good practice and changes to legislation to inform the consideration of planning matters.
- Provide professional expertise in Planning Appeal and Planning Enforcement and prosecution issues as a specialist expert planning witness in liaison with the Development Management and Enforcement Team, including provision of written evidence and representing the Council at hearings, Planning (public) Inquiries and Court.
- Implement a professional and entrepreneurial approach to the management of the team to optimise fee income and make the most efficient use of resources..
- Ensure planning decisions are transparent, consistent and robust through clear communication, evaluation and interpretation of national and local policy and seek to reduce the amount of appeals through a proactive development management approach.
To be successful for this Senior Planner post you will need to have:
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Line management experience
- Experience of presenting planning reports at Committee
- Knowledge and experience of development management process and interaction with plan making process
- Knowledge and experience of appeals and enquiries
- Knowledge and experience of Conservation Area, Listed Building policy and legislation and Advertisement regulations
- Knowledge and experience of urban design and regeneration
- Degree or Masters level qualification in Town Planning,
- Chartered or professional Membership of the RTPI
- Urban design/regeneration qualification/ management qualification
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.