27 days ago
A 10+ month opportunity has arisen for a Senior Payroll Officer within the local authorities in Brent.
To assist the payroll manager in end-to-end processes of the Council's payroll operations, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is carried out efficiently and effectively, whilst complying with statutory regulations and council's policy. To provide expert advice on all aspects of Payroll and Pensions
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To assist in the end-to-end running of an effective and efficient payroll processing service which includes all aspects of payroll, pension administration and operations - with due regard to employment legislation and Council policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the payroll manager and team lead on monthly reconciliations of all statutory and voluntary deductions.
- Support team to maintain high performance and effective operational delivery, which includes developing and improving the capability of staff within the work area, motivating and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of the unit
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of monthly and annual returns to the HMRC, ensuring all deductions are correctly calculated and paid over to the appropriate organisation
Knowledge and Experience
- Detailed knowledge of Oracle R12 payroll systems
- Proven track record of delivering end to end payroll processing cycles
- Experience of payroll costings and finance integration
- Delivery of payroll services in a large organisation
- Minimum of 5 years payroll experience
- Solid understanding of data protection, GDPR, security and audit
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Rate of Pay:
£200 - £300 a day depending on experience.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.