£22.63 - £23.86 per hour
25 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Operations Manager on an initial 5 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £22.63 P/H PAYE
You will seek opportunities to develop catering and cleaning services and grow business, identifying tender opportunities, managing bids, defining pricing strategies within an agreed/ established framework and ensuring the management of effective customer relationships. You will manage all service contracts and ensure services are delivered profitably. The post holder will ensure the achievement of performance and income targets in this area, managing overall resources within the service delivery teams to ensure maximum impact and effectiveness. The post holder will represent the Operations Delivery teams on the Senior Leadership Team within Integra, the Traded Services arm of the council
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a highly competent and participate work environment through active leadership.
- Promote professional standards by developing outcome-focused teams that understand their contribution to the service and wider Council success.
- Provide expert, timely, accurate and customer-focused advice and guidance to managers in the specialist area.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality, value for money and consistent services to customers in line with agreed service standards.
- Contribute to strategic decision-making as a member of a senior management team.
- Deliver the necessary information and reports to meet legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Ensure the ongoing delivery of high quality and consistent services, identify achievements against plans and targets and ensure these meet relevant statutory requirements.
- Set targets and monitor performance to ensure training needs are identified and addressed and work is delivered on schedule, so the service area is effective.
- Provide or facilitate training and/or information sessions to departments and partner organisations to enhance their understanding of a relevant area of expertise or specialism.
- Maintain current knowledge of specialist external industries
- Contribute to the financial management and planning within financial regulations and business requirements. Monitor external spending on services to ensure they meet appropriate quality standards and that value for money is maximised.
- Ensure that accurate budgeting, reporting and any necessary corrective action is carried out
- Give advice to Council Members and departments, ensuring lawful Council activity.
- Initiate, develop, recommend and implement policies. Work collaboratively across the Council and consulting with key customers (colleagues and partners)
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) plus a relevant professional qualification, or have professional experience at an equivalent level.
- Proven successful track record of managing, organising and coordinating services, ensuring the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and confidence in presenting to customers.
- A positive ethos and a creative thinker; able to create a culture of innovation and continual improvement.
- Proven commercial experience of designing, pricing, marketing and selling services.
- Excellent leadership skills and evidence of using these to inspire, motivate and develop teams to high levels of performance.
- Experience in change management, project management and business analysis.
- Experience of designing and managing resources to meet organisational requirements
- Proven sales and negotiating skills and experience in bid management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish a positive relationship with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Customer focused approach
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.