£401.60 - £450 per day
about 1 month ago
4 months +
Our client is seeking an Interim Corporate Director in the Housing Sector for an initial 6 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate: Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Dorset Council plan has put suitable housing as one of our five key priority areas.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the importance of our housing services as we responded to accommodating our rough sleepers and the increasing numbers of households presenting as homeless.
- We need to adapt and change our services to make sure we are able to meet the future housing needs of Dorset residents.
- These are exciting and demanding times with many opportunities to shape the future of housing in Dorset as we develop our accommodation and homelessness strategies and sign off our new housing allocations policy.
- You will oversee our ambitious Building Better Lives Programme that will ensure we have the right type of flexible accommodation for all our residents including extra care schemes and affordable housing.
- We are developing our wrap-around multi-agency support for our homeless households and ensuring that our housing options in the private rented sector offer better health outcomes to our residents.
- Leading the strategic Community Safety Team, you will be involved with the work of the Community Safety Partnership as well as leading a programme of work focusing on improving housing and health and wellbeing outcomes for key parts of our community.
- We are looking for someone with experience and energy.
- You will be forward-thinking and will work collaboratively with the leadership team across Adults and Housing.
- You will have a proven track record of leading local authority housing services, delivering key housing projects and programmes, and understand the opportunities of joining up work within the directorate.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.