£14.30 - £15.01 per hour
5112869 / 19-00724_1568278791
11 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Library Officer to join our clients offices based in Docklands on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Library Officer, your main duties will include:
- Ensure that high standards of customer care are maintained and that all members of the community are welcomed into the libraries and are supported to make best use of all services available.
- Ensure that council and library service policies and procedures are adhered to and carried out.
- Ensure that the building and its services comply with all appropriate health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Library Rules and Regulations and Bye-Laws by users of the service while maintaining good public relations.
- Carry out all library circulation and stock management routines, including assisting the public with issuing/discharging/renewing items; processing application forms and customer requests; floor walking and shelving items and maintaining shelves and other storage systems in proper order; processing stock additions and withdrawals
- Promote the function rooms and other facilities to increase visitor numbers and generate income
To be successful for this Senior Library Officer post you will need to have:
- Knowledge of the full range of current public library services
- Services to the public in a culturally diverse and socially excluded environment
- Experience of working in a public library or similar community facility
- Experience of IT systems eg word processing, the internet
- Ability to lead and motivate staff and establish effective team working.
- effective written and verbal communication skills for work with both the public and staff
- Able to accept responsibility for services and building and work on own initiative effectively without supervision.
- Able to plan and organise workload efficiently and meet deadlines.
- ability to work with all sections of the community, including children and young people and people from diverse cultural backgrounds
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.