£13.20 - £13.86 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Senior ICT Support Officer on an initial 5 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
This post is working across (SCC) and the ICT community. It is primarily responsible for provision of advice and support of customers dealing with user applications and PC's including associated peripheral devices to levels defined by both Service and Operational Level Agreements (SLA and OLA). The post holder will be responsible for the development and management of appropriate staff, policies, procedures, SLA's and OLA's. The post holder will also be responsible for managing, monitoring and continually improving the performance of the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a member of and positive contributor to the Client Services team.
- Deputise for the Support Team Leader when required.
- Contribute to the planning, programming and management of the work of the Client Services Team.
- Ensure that service levels are achieved and highlight problem \ process issues with a view to ensuring continuous improvements are realised.
- Communicate regularly with the Service Delivery team and customers on key changes affecting operational service delivery.
- Provide Desktop and Application Support to ICT users to ensure that the use of ICT is optimised and exploited to Business benefit.
- Liaise with Application providers to improve application performance and resolve problems as required.
- Assist on the development of a program and culture of continuous improvement in order to improve quality and effectiveness.
- Assist in the establishment of appropriate channels of communication with other ICT teams in order to contribute where appropriate to assisting in achieving their goals.
- Ensure that procedures in the areas of Problem, Incident, Change, Configuration and Release management are followed and continually improved.
- Assist Support Team Leader in the delivery of the service within identified budgetary resources.
- Contribute to the development of objectives and action plans helping to deliver the ICT Strategy.
- Set up adequate communication channels to keep staff informed.
- Contribute to appropriate staff and uses skills training.
- Support the Team Leader in monitoring the performance of the team and its services, taking remedial action as appropriate to ensure services are delivered.
- Ensure the CIO and senior managers are kept informed of any extensive breaks in service.
- Keep abreast of developing improvements regarding desktop hardware, operating systems and user applications, best practices and industry standards through networking, conferences etc.
- Assist in the preparation, maintenance and testing of Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Ensure that all inventories, asset registers, applications portfolios, customer databases, schematics, schedules and configurations are available and accurate.
- To participate in the full range of Departmental and County Council activities including corporate working groups and other initiatives as required from time to time.
- To be responsible for delivering the County Council's Equality For All Policy relevant to the post holder's area of work.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all staff under the post holder's supervision are aware of and comply with health and safety responsibilities as outlined in the Directorate Health and Safety Manual.
- To ensure that all staff under the post holder's control receives appropriate training and development in accordance with the Department's Investors in People procedures.
- Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in an operational environment.
- Good Technical Knowledge.
- Understanding of technical infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Experience of dealing with customers, suppliers and other 3rd parties.
- Experience of managing technical change.
- Well developed communication and networking skills.
- ITIL Qualified.
- Supervisory Qualifications.
- Use of Car for visits.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases