£19.62 - £23.13 per hour + PAYE
9 days ago
12 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor to join our client's offices based in Oxford on a temporary contract basis for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £19.62 - £23.13 p/h PAYE.
As the Senior HR Advisor, your main duties will include:
- Advise and support managers on organisational change including restructures, redundancy programmes, outsourcing and insourcing, organisational/job redesign, analysing and advising on contractual, procedural and legal requirements; engaging with staff and trade unions including contributing to formal consultation; designing and delivering selection and implementation plans and working collaboratively with other support functions such as finance and other HR experts and services such as Organisational Development and Recruitment to ensure changes are implemented successfully.
- Support managers to develop their confidence, knowledge and skills in dealing with people management and employee relations matters such as performance management.
- Advise managers on formal misconduct and performance matters including issues involving suspension, formal investigations and dismissals. Act as an adviser on formal panels where required.
- Ensure risks to the council including of litigation, are properly assessed and managed in the provision of advice to managers on employee relations matters.
- Dealing with a range of complex and contentious matters requiring support, persuasion, advocacy and sensitivity, within the application of operational guidelines.
- Diagnose, advise and work with parties to resolve workplace disputes and conflict commissioning specialist input from Organisational Development, mediation or other specialists where necessary with the aim of achieving informal resolution wherever possible.
- Advise and support Grievance Managers to manage formal grievances and disputes including setting terms of reference, liaising with the aggrieved employee, trade unions and investigating officer.
- Act on behalf of the council in negotiating settlement agreements and exit strategies with employees, legal representatives and trade unions and advise on legal claims including preparing for appeals and tribunals where required.
- Design and deliver training for managers to improve standards of people management and awareness and understanding of legal responsibilities and council policies.
- Advise on complex areas of contractual terms and conditions of employment, employment status, pay and benefits and the interpretation of policy and procedures, promoting the use of our online advice for common HR matters and linking with other HR services where required.
- Provide expertise and contribute to the review and development of HR policy and strategies.
- Work with trade union officials, employees and managers to encourage positive employee relations.
- Support the council's culture of inclusion and zero tolerance of discrimination, bullying and harassment and advise on matters that arise in contravention to this policy.
- Use workforce data to analyse and identify workforce trends and issues collaborating with relevant HR colleagues to develop holistic solutions.
- Contribute to the continual maintenance and improvement of our online HR advice and ensure all HR Advice templates, letters and checklists reflect the latest employment law, best practice and OCC Policy.
- Where required cover the HR Advice desk, resolving enquiries where possible and referring matters on where appropriate.
To be successful for this Senior HR Advisor post you will need to have:
- CIPD qualified to graduate level with up to date knowledge of employment law and employee relations best practice.
- Considerable experience gained from at least five years of providing professional advice on employee relations matters and organisational change.
- Able to travel across the county to deliver effective case management.
- Ability to prioritise a case load, ensuring cases are progressed and resolved in a timely way.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.