£22 - £28 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
13 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Senior Housing Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Bournmouth.
Enhanced DBS required
Role is to work locally due to the need to source accommodation and to view properties at short notice.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HYBRID STYLE ROLE BETWEEN A HOO AND A RESETTLEMENT OFFICER.
Housing Option Officer required that has experience with private rented sector, particularly around accommodation finding /procurement, working with landlords and letting agencies, with good negotiation skills and generally good at building rapport and working relationships with landlords/agents. They would be responsible for helping to secure 24 units of accommodation during their employment.
The client group that this accommodation would be for is ex-offenders, so the HOO would preferably have someone experience with this client group, if possible.
* provide housing related floating support to offenders assessed as being a risk to the community or having high needs which, if housing needs are not addressed, could increase their vulnerability and risk to the community.
* support identified offenders with housing related support needs throughout the BCP Council area.
* to work collaboratively with Housing Options Officers and Probation Services in the prevention of homelessness
* act as a link with Criminal Justice agencies to include Probation and Through the Gate Services in Prisons as part of an offender move-on pathway
* liaise with landlords and other agencies
* have sound knowledge of the benefit system.
* provide robust housing advice and assistance in line with current legislation and council policies to anyone with a housing related need.
* work with clients to find solutions that will prevent homelessness.
* construct accurate case notes and record all activity.
* work with clients to truly make a difference in their lives
* provide a solution and person-centered support to clients.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.