Up to £21.25 per hour + Excellent Benefits
18 days ago
12 months +
A 12 months+ opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Bradford.
Initial work will be around revenue forecasting for 2021-22 and this includes non-staffing costs and employee costs for service areas within the Department of Place & Corporate Services. In addition to the standard revenue monitor work, financial reporting is required in connection to COVID-19 impact, budget savings and investments and service driven queries covering all of the above areas.
All forecasts are uploaded, on a monthly basis, to Power bi for service manager review and feedback into finance.
In addition to the above there will be a requirement to:
Provide a professional finance and management information service;
Undertake complex pieces of accountancy work and to support and advise services in achieving their objectives; &
Support the Finance Team and promote the delivery of an excellent service.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a Management Accounting environment
- Experience working within a Council environment
- Experience of having provided both financial & management information through the use of a recognised financial reporting package such as SAP or Power Bi
- Experience of utilising SAP or Power Bi to provide management information to Service providers
- Direct support of service departments, via 1-2-1 meetings, by providing a comprehensive financial support service which will have included forecasting with links to performance and the calculation of salary forecasts.
- Intermediate Excel skill's with demonstrable practical knowledge of pivot tables, v-lookup & @if statements
- Undertake more complex financial activities within the Accountancy function including working on corporate projects and multi-disciplinary working parties.
Standard hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.