£13.99 - £17.22 per hour
8 months ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Officer to join our client's offices based in Rugby on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. The client is looking for someone to start ASAP, working full time, 37 hours per week at £13.99 p/h PAYE.
As the Senior Finance Officer, your main duties will include:
- Coordination and preparation of the Council's revenue and capital budgets for General Fund and Housing Revenue Account activity.
- Co-ordination and reporting on revenue and capital budget monitoring.
- Completion of year-end accounts for capital and revenue for both the General Fund and the Housing Revenue Account and
- Production of the Council's Statement of Accounts, including all the Whole of Government Accounts.
- Providing financial expertise for and attending various officer working parties and Committee meetings.
- Providing budget advice and assistance on finance-related matters.
- Co-ordination and completion of statutory and non-statutory returns.
- Co-ordination and calculation of the council tax amount, including preparing the information for the council tax leaflet.
- Coordination and production of various strategies including the Council's Medium Term Financial Plan and Strategy, Treasury Management Strategy, Capital Strategy etc.
- Treasury Management activities including monitoring investments, the Council's bank account and managing cash flow.
- Payroll activities and Creditor activities
To be successful for this Senior Finance Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Competent in the use of a financial management system
- Minimum of AAT qualification (or other equivalent qualification)
- Verbal communication skills that include explaining financial concepts to non-financial people
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.