£40000 - £41000 per annum
27 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Estimator on a permanent basis to join our award winning team.
£40,000 Per Annum
- We are looking for an Estimator
- We are very busy so training is at a minimum, therefore we need a candidate with approx. 5+ years' experience.
- The candidate needs construction experience, ideally scaffolding, rope access, cherry picker, Steeplejack type services.
- Examples of our projects are high-level window cleans, glazing replacements, cladding replacement, various scaffolding.
- The types of works are typically external to the buildings/assets.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to be able to work alone so visit sites, collate information from the sales team and price works in a formal quotation/proposal.
Around 4 to 5 years. Need to be able to use excel-as we are still classed as a 'start up' all very processed, and we need a candidate to get involved in that.
The company offers a professional service with a strong emphasis on health & safety, quality control, value for money and corporate responsibility. They take pride in what they do and have a track record for constructing buildings to a very high standard.
- As an Estimator, you will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and evaluating cost estimates. Additional duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Communicate with trade partners and team members regarding new and current projects
- Ensure timely completion of estimates
- Understand the scope of works to bid
- Incorporate Sub-Contractor/Suppliers prices in tenders
- The successful Estimator will be well organised and self-motivated. In addition, the following key skills and experiences are essential:
- Demonstrable experience in construction estimating
- Detail orientated and driven
- Be able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of the local construction Industry
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Be able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases