£28.43 - £29.85 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer - Structures to join our clients offices based in Badminton on a temporary contract basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Engineer - Structures, your main duties will include:
- Give technical advice and guidance, support and training to colleagues to ensure that performance objectives are achieved, team work is effective, colleagues are supported the team is technically capable and technical work is carried out satisfactorily.
- If relevant: allocate and check the work of colleagues in same service areas.
- Where relevant organise and control the work and budget of teams in specialist areas, to achieve Council targets and standards and to co-ordinate the contribution of expertise.
- Develop innovative solutions to technical issues ensuring that appropriate solutions are proposed and successfully implemented. Consult on issues with wider implications whilst adhering to service regulations and codes of practice.
- Influence and input to the preparation of plans and budgets for services, taking account of external developments and priorities. Ensure that work is completed to set time scales.
- Contribute to the development of and implement and monitor policies and procedures in own specialist areas ensuring they are up to date, relevant and useful. Interpret the latest legislation, regulations and codes of practice and ensure they are applied consistently.
- Provide expert advice to customers and partners on major issues in own specialist areas. Ensuring that effective customer relationships are established and maintained, advice is prompt and useful and the Council is aware of implications, risks and benefits.
To be successful for this Senior Engineer - Structures post you will need to have:
- You will be professionally qualified and hold a relevant degree or postgraduate qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have relevant practical experience, demonstrating proven management ability if relevant.
- You will motivate staff to achieve organisational objectives and successful technical outcomes
- You will demonstrate in depth knowledge of service specific and professional issues.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of software packages and in house and systems.
- You will be able to persuade others and influence outcomes critical to the organisation.
- You will have experience of planning and progressing work activities within general professional guidelines or organisational policy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing and explanation of technical information to non technical audiences
Degree, HNC/HND or equivalent (highways/civil engineering discipline)
- Significant experience in the inspection of structures being built, particularly bridges and Highway structures.
- Significant experience in the design of highway and open space structures, particularly Bridges and Highway structures.
- Experience of dealing with external agencies and partners
- Good level of IT literacy and be able to demonstrate excellent skills with various software packages
- Significant knowledge of the design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
- Clean driving licence to be able to travel to sites across South Gloucestershire
- Demonstrate excellent skills with software such as Superstress, Advance Design, TEDDS, Scale, Autocad, Mapinfo and Microsoft Office products.
- You will be able to build and lead teams of technical staff to help deliver the work of the Structures team.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.