4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer Highways Design to join our clients offices based in Southsea on a temporary contract basis for 7 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Senior Engineer Highways Design, your main duties will include:
- Design: To propose scheme options and prepare designs from inception through to detailed design and subsequent implementation in accordance with current national and local design standards and policies; giving due consideration to health and safety, equalities and sustainability.
- Project Management: To establish agreed solutions with interested parties, which meet engineering and environmental considerations. To establish achievable scheme programmes. To manage external consultants, as well as project staff to ensure targets are achieved.
- Financial Control: To prepare estimates, monitor and review project costs to ensure completion within agreed budgets. Project costs include works, predicted maintenance costs and design and site supervision fees.
- Scheme Implementation: To prepare tender and assess contract documentation, to ensure the construction of works on site are to programme and within project budget. To provide technical input and project management throughout the construction period. Agreeing final measures.
- Communication: To represent the team and ultimately City Council at meetings, to assist and carry out consultations on scheme proposals and to advise members as necessary. To liaise with project client, project team, consultants and the general public. To prepare reports, as required
To be successful for this Senior Engineer Highways Design post you will need to have:
- Educated to HND or degree standard in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- An appropriate professional qualification (e.g. CEng or IEng, together with membership of the appropriate professional body e.g. MICE) or demonstrated performance over a substantial period at this level.
- Be able to carry out engineering projects with values exceeding £1m from initiation through to completion without continual direction.
- Have an excellent level of technical expertise.
- Have good experience of contract documentation preparation.
- Be able to lead small project teams through delegation and management.
- Be able to accept responsibility for significant decision making processes
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.