£34.12 - £35.83 per hour
22 days ago
Our client is seeking a Senior Engineer on the initial 8 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
The StreetCare Team are responsible for the design and construction of approximately £15m of work per annum with a workforce or circa 100 staff. In order to accommodate peaks in workloads, StreetCare has a small but clearly defined supply chain to support its own in-house workforce. The post holder shall be responsible for daily management of the supply chain including projects issued through task orders
Duties and Responsibilities-
- The main area of work is ensuring the day-to-day operation for StreetCare's Supply Chain of NEC3 and NEC4 Term Service Contracts, encompassing all aspects.
- A significant part of the role will be the day-to-day management of complex projects through the issuing of task orders.
- You will need to lead and be a champion for promoting and encouraging all members of the team to work in a spirit of mutual trust and collaboration.
- The role will involve chairing regular meetings, such as project meetings, early warning meetings and risk reduction meetings.
- You will need to ensure the issuing of all communications in a form that can be read, copied and recorded and the issuing of responses within the period for reply.
- Applying appropriate project management standards for delivery of the project and ensure reporting via agreed lines on project progress through highlight reports.
- Liaising with and ensuring co-ordination between Clients, Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors, Contractors and other Stakeholders.
- Ensuring efficient and effective communications on project progress and complaint resolution with customers through the Councils Corporate Communications Team.
- Monitor for compliance of contract requirements and key performance indicators.
- Use of a commercial attitude to ensure the Council receives best value for money.
Skills and Experience-
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Substantial experience in highway works.
- NEC3 and/or NEC4 Project Manager and/or Term Service Manager Accreditation.
- Substantial experience in NEC Project Manager / Term Service Manager Role.
- Incorporated or Chartered Membership of an appropriate Institution.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Project
Driving license Category B Required
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.